RE: [CBQ] Broadway Limited E-7s and Proto2000 GP9 w/sound

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [CBQ] Broadway Limited E-7s and Proto2000 GP9 w/sound
From: "Ray Bedard" <tczephyr@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 13:42:28 -0800
Bcc:
I bought the E7 with the black nose when they first came out. I love the
sound and think they look great. They are details very well, like the
Proto2000. I have 2 Proto2000 that are dummys, was able to pick up the
chassis at the Great American Train show some time back. So I can run a 3
unit lash-up with out a problem. The pulling power on these is more than I
need, so I really don't need 2 or more powered units. Would be nice if BLW
or Proto2000 sold dummies as well.

One has to get used to the power pack when using any BLW (or the new
Proto2000 GP9) with sound, as the starting voltage is much higher than a
standard model. I adjusted my starting voltage so that the E7 and GP9 start
at about 7.9 volts, I think the factory setting are around 10 volts. It is
very easy to adjust voltage starting setting, just follow the manual to get
into the programming mode.

By the way, the only way to the horn and bell is with the "Side Kick". Using
the reversing switch on the power back is sometimes difficult to do. Once I
got the Side Kick, running the bell and whistle became a breeze.

I bought the new Proto2000 GP9 with sound last week. What a beauty! Looks
and runs great. I was told by my hobby shop owner that the Side Kick would
not operate the sound, but it DOES. Has a different sound that the E7 and
even the horn is different - glad they did that. Now I have to purchase a
second Side Kick, so when I run the E7 or GP9 at the same time as the 2-8-2,
I can control the horns and bells separately.

Ray Bedard
San Jose

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Tcy2bD/SOnJAA/cosFAA/8ZCslB/TM