Re: [BRHSlist] Re: History Channel -" Railroads"--( Disgraceful)

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Re: History Channel -" Railroads"--( Disgraceful)
From: <bradslaney@wizard.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2003 20:28:30 -0700
Hi Hubert,

I love the movie,  One of my all time favorites.  But I'm prejudiced.  I was
at LaSalle Street Station the day they filmed.  It was a Sunday during
August 1958.  I was waiting for a Rock Island suburban train, and it was
HOT, HOT , HOT that day.  Everyone sweating profusely, and Alfred Hitchcock
in a black suit and necktie completely oblivious to the heat and humidity.

Nomally LaSalle Street had 6 to 8 redcaps in those days.  In the scene where
they are looking for Cary Grant in the Redcap uniform,  there must have been
25.

The scene of Cary Grant shaving was the real men's room.  Patrons had to use
the facilities upstairs in the trainsman's room that day until filming was
completed.

Best,

BRAD