Re: [BRHSlist] Re: History Channel -" Railroads"--( Disgraceful)

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Re: History Channel -" Railroads"--( Disgraceful)
From: SilvrDome@aol.com
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2003 22:46:52 EDT
Brad,

Still it's a great movie.  Hitchcock captured the perfect evening setting sun
along the Hudson in the perfect time frame for the 20th Century Ltd's
departure from NYC.

If you look carefully, in a shot walking down the platform at Grand Central
Terminal along side a 10-6 Pullman, it is actually a Southern Pacific blunt end
10-6 Pullman in NYC paint, built for service on either the "Cascade, COSF, or
Golden State". Note the rounded corners on the end of the car.

 In addition, the camera angle required the extras to sit on the commode
covers not on the roomette cushions.  So they are reading newspapers etc, but
sitting on the toilet so to speak.

As for Red Caps, Kansas City Union Station had an army of Red Caps because of
the staircases and escalators from the Station to the platforms down below
and vice versa.  I can't speak for La Salle Street Station, but Kansas City was
a bigger station and had many more Red Caps on hand than depicted in the movie
in Chicago.  I was a Red Cap in KC at one time.

In short, it's worth having on DVD!

Hubert

Rent DVDs from home.
Over 14,500 titles. Free Shipping