Re: [BRHSlist] Q Heavy Crane?

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Q Heavy Crane?
From: Harold Huber <sarge8usa@y...>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 14:41:11 -0800 (PST)
Jon,
Just a few miles to the south and east, Bonneville to Lysite. My dad worked on
the new bridge just north of the new dam (Boysen). I was born in Thermopolis
and lived there on and off, a few years (dad was in construction then building
most of the schools in Wyoming). 1955 I lived in Thermopolis. Delivered papers
to the State Park. Don't forget the refinery, there was a lot of action there.
I have current day photos of the depot that are on disk so if you want some let
me know, "Burlington's Lines West Depots" by Robert C. Brown
http://www.avalon.net/~slinger/ is great one photo in there of Depot in
Thermopolis. If I ever get enough room the Wind River Canyon and Thermopolis is
on my list. Remember the coal mines at Crosby and the other town which name
slips my mind. Also the oil trade in and out. Lots to model and great for that
time frame. Hollar if you need something I may have it.
Harold Huber
Sheridan, WY (soon to be Dugway UT.)
Is there anyone else modeling the Wind River canyon and Thermopolis circa 1955.
I am just about to lay track on that section of my layout and decided I really
need to find out more about the Q.