Walthers Dome Coach / was Re: New HO models

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Walthers Dome Coach / was Re: New HO models
From: "baton580" <rplaehn@c...>
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 2002 14:08:00 -0000
--- In BRHSlist@y..., Ed Pavlovic <cbq168a@i...> wrote:
> It's interesting that Walthers is listing the dome coaches
> under the "freight car" category on their website.
> Hopefully they will choose one of the CB&Q cars as their
> prototype.

I have seen a Walthers promo folder at my local hobby shop showing the
dome coach. The art work shows what appears to be a CP 'Skyline'
coach/dome/lounge as built for the Canadian. If this is the case,
then many US modelers of the Q and other lines will be very
disappointed. I could live with either the Budd short haul (TCZ, Blue
Bird, MoP etc.) or long haul (EB, NCL, CZ etc.) window arrangements,
but this car only if you model the KCZ or American Royal and I don't
know if the window arrangement would be correct for those two cars.
Oh well, at least the Con-Cor 85' Budd domes have a window arrangement
that would work for the short haul cars with new roofs/domes added
from the Walthers cars. Too bad the detail of the Con-Cor units is not
better. Oh well! Hopefully, they used the wrong PR art work....

Bob Plaehn