Re: [BRHSlist] Athern F-3's

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Athern F-3's
From: estaple10@a...
Date: Thu, 9 May 2002 20:50:00 EDT
Cc: ESTAPLE10@a..., lombardhobbies@y...
Regarding the discussion of "missing A, B, C, D's" from the Athearn Q F
units, I had the same concern when I bought mine. Jeff at Lombard Hobbies
pointed out that they are in fact numbered with the suffixes, but not on the
numberboards. They are numbered in very fine print under the "IN" in
BURLINGTON and above the three color builders plates. So if the box says
164A so does the unit. My eyes have trouble reading it but its there and its
tiny because its to scale. With a magnifying glass I can read CHICAGO
BURLINGTON AND QUINCY RAILROAD on the first line of the builders plate. The
photo on page 17 of the June MR shows it as well. Incredible paint job by
Athearn.

However..... I too wish they had modeled a later scheme since most of their
lives they carried the ABCs in the number board.