Re: [BRHSlist] Athern F-3's

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Athern F-3's
From: "Ray Bedard" <tczephyr@h...>
Date: Thu, 09 May 2002 10:34:19 -0700
Bcc:
I purchased a set of F3's, the box is numbered 135C & D, but the A unit is markered only 135, they forgot the "D". I also looked at the 135A/B box and the A unit also is missing the "A". I'm looking at adding the "D", but the number board will require a complete redo.

As for the overall set. It's GREAT! Not only are the excellent running engines, the detail is fantastic.

In the June issue of Model Railroader, ther is a review of the F7, in Q paint. Note also that, at this time, the Genesis series includes only 1 F7 in Q paint, 164 (it's marked 164A but the "A" is missing) Athearn also lists 164C & B as F3's - this IS correct as these two numbers were originally 139A & B.

Now if we can only convience Athearn to add the correct letter designation on future runs, that would be great.

Ray Bedard
San Jose CA