Re: [BRHSlist] Proper sound for 4-6-4

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Proper sound for 4-6-4
From: Mike Spoor <CBQRR@j...>
Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2002 11:26:28 -0600
Cc: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Jerry: I had the same dilemma a few months ago. The suggestion I would
make is to listen to one of the old CB&Q soundtrack records (or the CD
version that is available on Amazon). Several of us listened to the
whistle on #5632 and then compared that sound to the sound samples
available on Soundtrax's web site. That is the best solution we came up
with.

Oh, the closest match we could come with to #5632 was the Soundtrax
#822203 (D&RGW 2-8-2 K-36 #484). But it really comes down to which one
you like.

Mike