Re: [BRHSlist] Proper sound for 4-6-4

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Proper sound for 4-6-4
From: "Florian Griessenboeck" <florian@v...>
Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2002 21:59:07 +0900
Jerry, Mike and others,
might I suggest that you visit the following website:

http://www.loksound.de/index.php?par=d0303

This is a german sound decoder maker. Their site is still all in german,
sorry. Listen to the sound samples "Dampflok US Universal" or "Dampflok 2/4
Zylinder Vollspur". I think this kind of decoder does a better job in
simulating the real thing than any other locomotive installed sound system I
know.

And now the good thing about it - you can programm it with your computer! If
you prefer a most realistic sound you could use a whistle from a CD or other
sources and upload it into the decoder.

I have succsessfully programmed one of these gadgets and it works great.
Just need to find the right whistle for each type of locomotive. As much as
I know that's the only way to do something like this. If there are similar
products in the States, please let me know.

Hope this helps (or maybe it causes more problems than it solves...)
Florian