Re: [BRHSlist] 10-6 Sleepers and Zephyr questions

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] 10-6 Sleepers and Zephyr questions
From: rgortowski@a...
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2002 10:52:37 EST
rkeil6721@h... writes:

> So the way I read this, only the California, Denver, Morning/Afternoon, and
> Nebraska Zephyrs were the only "all lightweight" trains the Q ran.

Again, depends on when. When introduced the KCZ was all stainless. It then
suffered from many substitutions of silver painted heavyweights (including
the grotesquely painted NCL obs the Q owned). After the Coloradoan was
discontinued, the NZ picked up all of the headend cars. The Twin Zephyrs
could be augmented with SSS cars. It really is pretty time specific and as
the great Poobah Ed DeRouin always says "never say never". You see evidence
of the strangest things in consists and pictures.

That being said, I would agree with you that your list constitutes the
"purest" SS consists.

Rich