Re: [BRHSlist] 10-6 Sleepers and Zephyr questions

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] 10-6 Sleepers and Zephyr questions
From: Aeolus3@a...
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2002 18:08:41 EST
In a message dated 1/6/02 1:38:31 PM Central Standard Time, kmartin@c...
writes:

> Also if you look at the consist sheets in the last couple Zephyrs there are
> head end cars from foreign roads that get into some trains.

Rick,
Con Cor (ducking here guys) but Con Cor makes a very nice smooth side 72 foot
baggage car. It comes painted in both Northern Pacific (very nice) and Great
Northern of which I have not seen one so I don't know if it's lettered Empire
Builder or Great Northern. As far as I know none of the GN Baggage Cars
carried the "Empire Builder" in the letter boards. This car is very close to
the prototype for GN and NP. Also Athearn has released a very nice Heavy
Weight GN Baggage in EB Colors. Although not an exact prototype for GN, it
will work.

The Burlington cars are still the main problem in the Blackhawk modeling in
plastic. If Branchline brings out their HW cars the coach appears to be close
to the Burlington cars. About the only Burlington car that is close for a
plastic out of the box is using the AHM 1930's Baggage Car as a Havelock
Baggage. I have 4 of them and painted up they look okay. Of course this was
before Dave Lotz's Havelocks and the brass ones.

If you are planning on the combined Blackhawk, Mainstreeter, and Western
Star, look into Brass Car Sides for the GN and NP equipment.

I hope this helps

Loren Johnson