Re: [BRHSlist] 10-6 Sleepers and Zephyr questions

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] 10-6 Sleepers and Zephyr questions
From: Aeolus3@a...
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2002 10:29:16 EST
rkeil6721@h... writes:

> Now that my interest in the SSS chair cars has been ignited. One could
> conceivably take the upcoming Branchline Trains coach (22 windows, spacing
> bit off) and the roof from a Havelock baggage car kit and get pretty close.

Rick,

I don't think this car will work for the SSS Rebuild. Owing to the windows,
it appears in the photos on the Branchline Web Site, the wondows on the coach
not the sealed windows the Aurora Shops used on the SSS cars. Also the SSS
Coaches were built with the double "Dutch" doors. I think the Branch Line
Coaches would work very well for the PB-20 (6100's). Again not exact but
painted up and lettered for Burlington they could very well be the workhorse
of the secondary trains.

If Kato produces their current N Scale Burlington cars in HO, then we'll have
some very fine pre war Budd Cars. Such as the early 4700's, "Silver Cloud"
ect and the Diner Obsrvation cars. Kato's first Burlington Car in HO as I
have been told will be the Business Car "Burlington". I plan to buy a couple
and do (ducking here) Mississippi in a couple of different versions. Since my
"Burlington" is already finished.

Hang in there Rick..... stuff's a coming!

Loren Johnson