Re: [BRHSlist] Scale

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Scale
From: Jim's Junction/ John & Debbie Olson <trains28@h...>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 20:11:33 -0600
Charlie and group-

You know Jim's Junction will be doing it's part to blow those 'Q'
Business Cars off the shelves. I might buy a dozen just for myself if it
will help Kato with their decision to do the N scale Budd cars in HO!!!!
FYI- Walthers sold out of the Santa Fe Budd Coaches and 10-6 Sleepers within
the first week of their releases and I am getting emails here in Montana
from people looking for them. The passenger car market is starved for good
quality prototypical rolling stock and if the car meets the standards for
the price- people are going to buy them. I realize you can't compare brass
passenger cars to plastic ones as far as production quantities and the
differences in how they are produced- I was just trying to make a point with
what I just stated above about model railroaders being willing to pay more
if the quality, attention to detail and scale fidelity is upheld. I used to
think the Con-Cor Budd Domes were a decent looking car if you put a little
work into them until I sat a Walthers Budd Coach next to one on the layout!
Jeez- the Con-Cor car looked totally clunky! What a thumbs up for Walthers
and what a shame for my Con-Cor Budd cars. I predict a big influx of used
Con-Cor passenger cars on Ebay. One other observation- I have a few of the
earlier released IHC 'Crusader' Budd cars and they don't look half bad next
to the Walthers cars. Somebody did some homework with the fineness of the
fluting etc., about 10 years ago, with these IHC cars and I was pleasantly
surprised.

John @ Jim's Junction