RE: [BRHSlist] Scale

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [BRHSlist] Scale
From: "Charlie Vlk" <charlie@k...>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 17:03:13 -0500
Dale-
Since 1985 there has been no operational reason not to go N Scale. In
general the quality level is higher than HO and N Scalers don't mind paying
for stuff that runs well. I don't think about it much as I'm so used to it,
but yes, I do appreciate the running quality of N Scale.
The current Atlas, Kato, and LifeLike stuff runs better than Athearn....
Kato is still the best, but Atlas and LifeLike make some really great locos
too.
Charlie

Just wish I had some O1a, O2, O3, M1, M2, M3, M4, O4, S class and S4
locos.... and Zephyr EAs. The Budd cars we just did turned out great; don't
know if they will ever be done in HO because of the cost factor (a $100 set
of 4 cars in N would cost $240 in HO, and the current HO market is more in
the $25-$35 price range per car, not $60) we'll see how well the HO
Burlington Business Car sells at $60-$70 each.