RE: [BRHSlist] Quality plastic HO pass. cars and GSB

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [BRHSlist] Quality plastic HO pass. cars and GSB
From: "Charlie Vlk" <charlie@k...>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 08:36:43 -0500
List-
I am putting on my Kato hat for this one.....
Anyone calling Kato in Schaumburg would get an honest estimate of the status
of the project, as far as the US Staff is aware.
At this point in time the final artworks for the cars (different artwork
than the N Scale version reflecting the march of time and the larger scale)
has been submitted to the factory.
Due to production difficulties with (non-North American) projects the
tooling department and production people are running behind schedule.
There is no question that the Business Car is going to happen. We expect it
will be in
3Q2002. Part of the delay is due to our decision to put the HO SD80/9043
project at a higher priority.
There is no parallel between the GSB SD40-2 and this product.
Charlie
Kato USA - R&D