Re: Zephyr 44/Troop Kitchen Car

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: Zephyr 44/Troop Kitchen Car
From: jsauer@e...
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 17:50:47 -0000
Thanks to all for responding. Lyle, thanks for the info on the
assembly of the car. Nice job on the car, by the way. I will have
to give some thought to that. Plus I have 4 undec. Life-Like 50 foot
box cars that I have to turn into express cars first. And my
girlfriend will then ask "Why did you buy another car kit - you'll
never build all the ones you have now" (I stopped pointing out some
of the new brass I bought and I don't think she noticed that I now
have 6 gallery cars instead of 3).

John Sauer

--- In BRHSlist@y..., Lyle Dowell <slyone@i...> wrote:
> The car is a bit of a bite to assemble, not bad, just a bit. It's
been
> a while since I did mine but I'll pass on a few things I recall
about
> the model. There was a LOT of flash to be cleaned away from a lot of
> parts. The roof's long edge is part of the sprue and has to be sawed
> away from the sprue and sanded to become the actual edge. This is
stated
> in the instructions if it weren't obvious from handling the sprue.
> Though the sides were a bit warped they straightened out fine when
glued
> in place. I replaced the supplied doors with a flat piece of
styrene to
> which I added strips to represent a stiffener. For decals I used a
> Microscale set for Q passenger cars. I'm eventually going to build
a 2nd
> one of these that resembles the freight version of this car, with
> roofwalk and ladders but no end doors.
>
> "Sauer, John" wrote:
> >
> > Nice job on the latest Zephyr. I can't imagine the time it takes
(and who's
> > got free time?) to put it all together. There is a picture of
the new
> > Cannonball Car Shop troop kitchen car. Any feedback on the model
from
> > anyone who has built it? Who makes the decals suitable for this
car?
> > Thanks. John Sauer.

> --

> Northwest Trainmasters|| 6333 __| [][] |__ ||
[]

=