Re: [BRHSlist] Zephyr 44/Troop Kitchen Car

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Zephyr 44/Troop Kitchen Car
From: Paul/Celine Kossart <kozys@t...>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 22:45:58 -0500
Lyle,

Nice job on the car. Glad the Zephyr printed a color photo of the finished car. I have been hoping for these to come out for a L-O-N-G time. As I look at it I am wondering how difficult it would be to copy or scratchbuild some of these. It looks like the roof would be the most difficult part to duplicate but I could probably use something from some other (read cheaper) kit. The rest of the cars looks fairly plain, flat and simple to fabricate. I suspect the ends might be a bit more involved but nothing monumental. Would appreciate yours and the lists' thoughts on this. Has anyone scratched one of these in the past? I could use a handful of these cars and at 30 bucks a crack for the kit that ain't gonna happen anytime soon.

Also, does anyone on the list have any idea how many of these cars would make a representative "Q" showing on a layout? How many were usually in a consist - passenger and freight? BTW, am I understanding correctly there are two versions of this car, with and without end doors, roof walks, etc. Do they have the same trucks and what type.?

ATTN ED DeRouin:

How many of these cars would one of your decal sets do?

Thanks to all. I know I am asking a lot but these are things I really need to know. Your input/help on this will be much appreciated.

Paul K.