Re: [BRHSlist] Zephyr 44/Troop Kitchen Car

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Zephyr 44/Troop Kitchen Car
From: Ed Pavlovic <epav1@w...>
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2001 23:34:36 -0500
give you the proper length. Intermountain offers the rectangular panel roofs for
their 10'-6" boxcars in a pack of either 4 or 6 roofs, these would be a good
starting point for the roof. If you have a way of making the rivets, and a lot
of patience to put them all there, the sides and ends should be rather straight
forward to build. After all of the discussion on the list, I did buy one of the
kits. While I haven't built it, I did take a good look at it. I think that they
did a very good job on the sides of the kit, but the roof doesn't match the same
level of detail as on the sides. Now I shouldn't really pick on the
manufacturer,
but when you pay within 5-8 dollars of the price of a Sunshine Models freight
car
kit, I think that you should be getting a similar level of quality. (My opinion
has been stated, I'll get off of the soapbox for now.) When and if I build the
car, I would probably replace the roof as mentioned above. Maybe by then the
much
rumored and anticipated Intermountain kit will be available and save me some
work,
of course I'll just pay more and buy the assembled ones!

Ed Pavlovic