Re: [BRHSlist] Zephyr 44/Troop Kitchen Car

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Zephyr 44/Troop Kitchen Car
From: Lyle Dowell <slyone@i...>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 11:27:04 -0500
The car is a bit of a bite to assemble, not bad, just a bit. It's been
a while since I did mine but I'll pass on a few things I recall about
the model. There was a LOT of flash to be cleaned away from a lot of
parts. The roof's long edge is part of the sprue and has to be sawed
away from the sprue and sanded to become the actual edge. This is stated
in the instructions if it weren't obvious from handling the sprue.
Though the sides were a bit warped they straightened out fine when glued
in place. I replaced the supplied doors with a flat piece of styrene to
which I added strips to represent a stiffener. For decals I used a
Microscale set for Q passenger cars. I'm eventually going to build a 2nd
one of these that resembles the freight version of this car, with
roofwalk and ladders but no end doors.