Re: Digest Number 1036 SD-45 In Chinese Red? BN Green

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: Digest Number 1036 SD-45 In Chinese Red? BN Green
From: mack@c...
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2001 15:50:13 -0000
The "Hockey Stick" scheme appeared on the SD45's and GE U23C's when
delivered. One GP40 got the scheme as well. Q also had U33C's on
order at the time of the merger, but they came in the true BN scheme.

Here is one for everyone, though. Many years ago I heard a rumor that
one SD45 was indeed painted in Chinese Red at EMD La Grange, but was
repainted into the green before it left the premises. Anyone else
ever hear this rumor and know the "truth"? I, for one, kind of like
the story, even if it is just another Q urban myth.

Tom Mack

--- In BRHSlist@y..., Aeolus3@a... wrote:
> In a message dated 8/6/01 5:07:49 AM Central Daylight Time,
> nftrains@n... writes:
>
> << Hello,
> I'm a little lost here, The SD45s paint,
> on the which Color of BN green the talk is about, I'be read back a
couple
> times and still confused?
>
> Larry Doub
> >>

> Larry,
>
> The green the Burlington used on the SD 45's is a different color
from the BN
> Cascade Green. Also the SD's, U Boats ( I don't remember which
model) and one
> GP 40 were painted in the green. These motors also had the "Hocky
Stick"