Re: SD-45 In Chinese Red? BN Green

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: SD-45 In Chinese Red? BN Green
From: jworones@y...
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2001 19:29:10 -0000
Great myth! Hope it is true!
In Patrick Dorin's "Everywhere West" there is a photo of most (if not
all) of the Q's SD45's at LaGrange, all in green/white. If one was
painted red/gray, it probably wasn't out of the paint shop very long
before going back in.

Now in Jeff's world...because the BN merger didn't happen and the
second batch of SD45's were delivered in red/gray, I have SD45 532 in
the red/gray.

The GP40 in green/white was the 629. I believe it was painted in mid
1968. Had the BN logo on the cab side also.

Jeff Worones
Las Vegas, NV