Re: [BRHSlist] Lines west (and south)

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Lines west (and south)
From: drale99@a...
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2001 22:17:10 EST
I've always lived on the Q, but it has fascinated to learn about the C&S and
FW&D. I remember once when I was in the Navy I went down to Corpus Christi
on the train. Sitting in a MoPac coach, I was really surprised to see
Burlington equipment sitting on a track in Houston. That was long ago.
Since then, I've visited my son in Wichita Falls in recent years. His
neighbor, bless his heart, is a RR buff, and he and I chase trains around WF
and also D-FW. Nothing like it used to be, obviously, but very interesting
by today's standards. They have an old Burlington loco displayed in the yard
at WF. I've been trying to get them to correct the paint job on it. Very
bad -- tires on the wheels all painted white, plus a few other discrepancies.
Ordinarily I don't get too fussy about details on models or replicas, but
the white tires bother me.
As far as I"m concerned, you guys on the C&S and FW&D are full-fledged RR
brothers. Nice to hear from you.
Dale Reeves