Re: [BRHSlist] 9913 Silver Wings

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] 9913 Silver Wings
From: "M. Thayer" <zephyr@k...>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2001 21:00:51 -0600
From: "Gordon Smith" <kc2bw@w...>
To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Friday, March 23, 2001 8:27 PM

> Marshall...Take a closer look at the pictures again. They are two
> different locos! Pg. 63 is indeed a Ph I and surely not the 9913. It has
> the wide pilot buffer. The one on pg 115 could indeed be 9913 as it is a
> ph II with the proper anti climber/buffer.

Good point . . . and I didn't even notice, because the coupler doors had
been changed. Using a magnifier to the point where the halftone dots go
berzerk, it looks like the p.63 nameboard is probably Silver Speed 9910A.

There is no way to verify that the pic on p 115 is actually 9913, because
the nameboard has been blanked and the numberboard is way too small to
read - or even tell whether ther are only four characters (which would be a
giveaway for 9913). *Assuming* that the caption on p. 115 is correct, I
still wonder, because the distinctive mid-break of E-6 style radiator fins
is not visible in either bank . . . which still leaves us where we were -

(p.115 is the first photo I checked, before finding the miscaptioned one on
p.63 - I was *already* suspicious of the radiator banks . . .)

Mike Spoor - do you still have a photographic copy of the p.115 photo where
you can check for the fin division?

Marshall