Re: [BRHSlist] Milwaukee 261at Oregon, IL

To: BRHSlist@egroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Milwaukee 261at Oregon, IL
From: atsf3460@a...
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 12:35:45 EDT
Interesting comments about Mr. Krebs and Frisco #1522 from John Lee. If Mr.
Krebs did feel that way about the steam locomotive (wanting to cut it up on
the spot) then I wonder why #1522 is scheduled to represent BNSF at Galesburg
Railroad Days again this year. I'm not going to dispute what John said about
Mr. Krebs at all (I've heard that he has quite a temper - this is rumor
though). Hopefully they will have a safe and trouble-free trip to Galesburg
and back ... their group needs it. They basically have done a total
restoration of the running gear over the winter AFTER the whole thing was
worked on two years ago.

I don't know what will happen with BNSF and their steam policy. They are
really the only big RR left running excursions (I've always considered UP to
be in a different category).

Is there any movement or current program to get #3007 back running again?
Nothing against IRM but the've got a lot of engines that could be restored.

Mike Martin / Peoria Heights, IL