Re: [CBQ] Rollers

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Rollers
From: "Jack Schroeder" <jack@highlandwebworks.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2021 16:40:21 -0500
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
Charlie:
I think you need to know operating costs but also what the negotiated division of revenue was for each move/interchange point. The Q may have had an agreement with the C&NW for this location dating back years that made it a loser.  Why didn't they change the division?  It was often a dangerous move to try and renegotiate divisions as it could open up pressure from the C&NW in a tit-for-tat situation at another location division where the C&NW were losing money with the movement Q. In other words the 'Q' may have had a sweet division some where else with C&NW that would be placed on the table subject to loss in the renegotiation for the Potato Yard.  Rate divisions were handled at the highest managerial levels of marketing/pricing. They had a big and long term impact on profits.

Jack Schroeder
817 485-1922
jack@highlandwebworks.com