Re: [CBQ] Slide and Negative Scanners

To: "cbq@groups.io" <cbq@groups.io>, "CBQ@groups.io" <CBQ@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Slide and Negative Scanners
From: "Philip Weibler" <pawnbaw@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2020 21:50:59 +0000 (UTC)
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
All -

I've been using an Epson V500 for many years to scan b&w negatives from 35mm to full frame 120 film (2 1/4x 3 1/4), to scan color slides from 35mm to 2 1/4 square, and to scan prints up to 8 1/2 x 11.  It will not do 4x5 or 8x10 negs.  There is a price jump to get a scanner that will do those.  I often print b&w at 11 x 17 and the quality is excellent.  ( I use an Epson XP-960 printer).

The Epson software allows corrections to contrast, brightness, and color balance before scanning, so the images go into the computer ready-to-use.  I do not use Photoshop or any post-processing system.

Whilst working with Remember the Rock magazine I would often send scans over that went directly to the printed page.

The newest iterations of this scanner should serve you well.  Mine will do four slides at a time, so it would probably take a while to do 20,000 images.  Just remember the word for the day:  EDIT  EDIT  EDIT

PAW