Re: [CBQ] assistance with photos of Downers Grove - Belmont Rd. station

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: Re: [CBQ] assistance with photos of Downers Grove - Belmont Rd. station and area
From: "Leo Phillipp via groups.io" <qutlx1=aol.com@groups.io>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2020 17:31:23 -0500
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
Doug,

You saw remnants of the fourth main, you just didn’t realize it . The switch that is just east of Belmont on main 1 and then runs parallel to the main Eastward for a bit is the very last piece of what was the fourth main. The other section that lasted well into the 1970s was at Naperville that provided access to Krohlers Furniture (sp?).

Someday I’ll get around to writing the article for the BRHS Bulletin that’s entitled “The Best Laid plans of Men” about several sections of triple and quadruple mains that once existed in the Aurora division. Many for relatively short periods of time.

Leo