Re: [CBQ] assistance with photos of Downers Grove - Belmont Rd. station

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: Re: [CBQ] assistance with photos of Downers Grove - Belmont Rd. station and area
From: "Douglas Hosler" <dehosler40@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2020 16:16:53 -0500
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
Not related to this topic:  I love the fact that the train in the photo is on "the wrong main."  As a kid and youth growing up in Naperville, I was well acquainted with the section of Chicago-Aurora track talked about in recent posts that is just east of the West Branch of the Dupage River.  Knowing which way to look on the triple track was important.  Much later when back in Napervllle for a visit, I occasionally took a dinky to Chicago and one time I was surprised to see a freight on the wrong main.  I asked a trainman about it and he said it could have to do with clearances needed for items in the train.

I am sure there are other reasons, too.  I would like to hear from those in the know on that topic.

Doug
_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#59833) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic