[CBQ] assistance with photos of Downers Grove - Belmont Rd. station and

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: [CBQ] assistance with photos of Downers Grove - Belmont Rd. station and area
From: "Doug Ramsay" <drramsay@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2020 19:44:17 -0700
Sender: CBQ@groups.io

Can anyone give assistance.

I am in the planning stage of an double-level HO layout with one level modeling the line between Aurora (Illinois) and Oregon in the early 60’s, with the other being Aurora to Berwyn in 1969.

 I grew up in Downers Grove within sight of the Belmont station, until moving with my family out here to Washington during junior high.

I have had some luck working with the DG historical museum in acquiring photos of downtown DG and the Main St. station area. However I have had no luck on Belmont Rd. I did find the building plans of the station on the BRHS’s Flickr site, but no usable photos. The only 2 that I have seen are directly after the derailment that damaged the station, which shows very little.

Could anyone possible have an photos of the Belmont Road area, it would sure be helpful.

Doug Ramsay

Snohomish, WA.

_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#59802) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic