Re: [CBQ] boiler explosion record Jan 1911 WY?

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: Re: [CBQ] boiler explosion record Jan 1911 WY?
From: "Eric Harmon" <scrimshander1@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2019 10:30:34 -0700
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
Fascinating.  I have attached an excerpt from the 1901 Dayton WY quad map, showing the track alignment.  If I understand your thinking, the train came down the grade from Parkman (looks like 5-mile Creek valley) and leveled out when it got to Ranchester / Tongue River valley.  Then a slight upgrade just east.  (I have circled roughly the location 1 1/2 to 2 miles east of Ranchester where the boiler explosion was reported to have occurred).  Am I following correctly?

I haven't been up that way for a couple of years (I'm in the Denver area) but I recall a big sweeping curve on I-90 at about that location, going down into the Tongue River valley.

thanks
Eric