[CBQ] boiler explosion record Jan 1911 WY?

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: [CBQ] boiler explosion record Jan 1911 WY?
From: "Louis Zadnichek via Groups.Io" <LZadnichek=aol.com@groups.io>
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2019 18:44:04 +0000 (UTC)
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
November 24, 2019

Eric - This is a very likely scenario proposed by a former Sheridan Division locomotive engineer who knows the route through Ranchester well.  Particularly so if your great uncle was an engineer who was used to running with a minimal amount of water covering the crown sheet (top of the firebox) for maximum steam capacity and locomotive efficiency.  A scaled-up water glass would've only compounded the problem.

Sometimes young folks take what to us senior citizens are unnecessary risks. But, when you're young, you're immortal....  I still think the disaster resulted from a number of unfortunate circumstances that all came together in an instant to propel your great uncle and train crew into Eternity. I'm attaching a photograph of the Ranchester depot taken sometime in 1910. This is how your great uncle would've seen it - Louis

Louis Zadnichek II
Fairhope, AL