Re: [CBQ] GN F's and CB&Q Power on Freight in 1968

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: Re: [CBQ] GN F's and CB&Q Power on Freight in 1968
From: "Louis Zadnichek via Groups.Io" <LZadnichek=aol.com@groups.io>
Date: Sun, 19 May 2019 19:22:12 +0000 (UTC)
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
May 19, 2019

Charlie - I've always understood that certain design elements from the NYC Hudsons went into the Q's own Super Hudsons, the magnificent 4000's that had been converted from 3000 series 4-6-4's at West Burlington. One image I really would like to see is that of a NYC 4-6-4 roaring through the Q's Suburban Territory. You'd "think" that some early rail fan photographer would've been track side to record the event. Otherwise, one subject that I'm not very familiar with is the Q's contract work on locomotives belonging to other railroads. Best Regards - Louis

Louis Zadnichek II
Fairhope, AL