Re: [CBQ] From M-4 To M-4-A

To: <CBQ@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] From M-4 To M-4-A
From: "Charlie Vlk" <cvlk@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2018 12:22:13 -0600
Sender: CBQ@groups.io

While on the subject of M locomotives....

….while none of the CB&Q M4 types have been preserved there is a DM&IR/B&LE copy that is still intact under cover awaiting preservation.

On several occasions Joe Douda and I had conversations where he mentioned that he had seen proposal drawings of conversions of M1 or M2 2-10-2s to 2-10-4 locomotives (M5???).   He also says there were diagrams or proposals for the next batch of O5s.....and that they were to have the M4 style high capacity tenders.

Like the s
ection in Hol's The Colorado Road where he describes locomotives that the C&S proposed, I think a Zephyr or Bulletin article on "proposed but never built" might be of interest to Burlington fans.

I have a few drawings of proposed locomotives but the ones I mention here have so far eluded me.   Does anyone have these or others?

Charlie Vlk

PS-   The CB&Q seemed to use the class designations as all uppercase and with no dash as in O5A.  Sometimes the main class designation was a larger size letter than the class number or subclass letter.   Should the BRHS promote this as part of our "style guide" and try to educate Q fans to the proper format??

I believe this has been a topic of discussion in other societies such as the PRRHT&HS.

_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#56256) | Reply To Group | Mute This Topic | New Topic