Re: [CBQ] Re: Elephant Style Es

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Re: Elephant Style Es
From: "Jpslhedgpeth@aol.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2018 15:19:30 -0500
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Don...My comparison with your experience gets closer and closer.  Especially regarding the "call me" situation..I'll say this before we both get in trouble...One night when I was ATM at Joliet my compatriate at Blue Island and I conspired to move  car of fresh meat from Blue Island to Joliet behind the caboose of No. 59 the PBX..piggyback train Chicago-Denver and the hottest thing on the railroad.   It worked successfully and my BI guy and I debated as to whether we should tell GHV what we did.  We decided that it would be better to "confess" than to be caught and punished.

Earl the Blue Island TM  told George of our move...which saved running a train...what we did..GHV reply...."Well, don't think you can do that every night"....Not a word of commendation or praise..In fact I don't ever remember ANYBODY telling me ..or anyone else.while I was in the Trainmaster Bidness that  "You did a good job"..

Such was life on the railroad in the 60's.

Back to CB&Q items from now on.

Pete