[CBQ] Re: Elephant Style Es

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Elephant Style Es
From: "Walter Ohrnell wohrnell@kc.rr.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2018 20:32:01 -0600
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Ed,

There is photo evidence that running elephant started before 1965.

Bill Hirt eluded to a story I have told. I was an operator working in
Burlington, IA. This incident occurred in late 1963 or 1964 the California
Zephyr arrived in town. The lead unit was followed by two units running
backwards elephant style. There was a control problem on the lead unit. When
the train arrived the engineer was running the train from the second unit. The
fireman was left in the lead unit to call signals. The engineer brought the
train into the station just like he would have had he been up front. I can only
guess the lead unit was replaced upon arrival in Galesburg.

Lenny Ohrnell

Sent from my iPad

Posted by: Walter Ohrnell <wohrnell@kc.rr.com>

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com