Re: [CBQ] Painting question for a friend

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Painting question for a friend
From: "'John Lee' BNJohn@sbcglobal.net [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2017 21:20:20 -0600
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1488856822; bh=ClgRzKAefMA3uj+hJDWLMEoF5pzAFSMCvdIAVuecHxk=; h=To:References:From:List-Id:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:From:Subject; b=zy9gJFm4JLq37LT6kMSHb4VjorVhMLi15SxZqX0uR1I6lkerSRPpHdWJFbJJwPqofTGnAOxtwsc3kFzXvlmxe5dAA7UM0XX5pHWUl9VukZZwefEo1zC21LfF4cjBqgAUwi8to3SxRteS/rn1ajevokNOQTfUnT/La+TnRtSV0hg=
References: <CY1PR15MB0678D65F9F364E8F08385863BE2C0@CY1PR15MB0678.namprd15.prod.outlook.com> <b3d3f10b-effb-ea43-6331-18d22ab5807c@optonline.net> <BLUPR05MB292A709696E2A72FFBEE443BD2C0@BLUPR05MB292.namprd05.prod.outlook.com> <7feaa78a-c6c7-55e6-fe65-fa1d2179e2ad@optonline.net> <BLUPR05MB292C3AF611B3ACA82924030BD2C0@BLUPR05MB292.namprd05.prod.outlook.com> <0e3e00e6-e3b0-8e48-1b8d-84d63f7bb42a@optonline.net>
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Hello everyone,

The MODELflex Imitation Aluminum was not matched to the BRHS color chips, I
have the original dry plate standard that the color was made from at DuPont.
Well I have half of the plate as my friend at DuPont had the other piece. I
took my sample to the Badger Chemist and after lighting the color for scale
we came up with the MODELflex Imitation Aluminum. This would be a fresh out
of the paint shop color not a faded color. After doing a lot of research on
this color I found out that it faded very very fast after several washing,
the gray color disappeared and all you had left was a white shade. Imitation
Aluminum was used on at least 15 other railroads beside the CB&Q. MODELflex
made 3 CB&Q grays one for the F units, one for the blackbird scheme and one
for the redbird scheme.

Everyone see colors a little different, what one person see as right another
would say it's wrong, to each his own I say. I live in St. Louis so the Q is
not as popular here as in Chicago, I use to see fist fights break out in
hobby shops because two guys were fighting over what shade Frisco orange
was, now their's a can of worms you don't want to open up. I try to make
accurate colors, if you use our paint we thank you and if you don't I hope
you find another paint manufacture that makes the color you like.

Thanks
John Lee MMR
Hobby Consultant
Badger Air Brush Company