Re: [CBQ] Re: CB&Q signals

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Re: CB&Q signals
From: "Bill Hirt whirt@fastmail.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2017 13:14:43 -0600
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1484939685; bh=KxvvBVEMjFDWaF7Ia68OuG1TyBhDEqNm7vCv9G0wBJ0=; h=To:References:In-Reply-To:From:List-Id:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:From:Subject; b=CGOa11fRtFFlJwde5MWJatxfNQEwcXNrw5j2rvNE64MX4hm7IfBVoxVG0IQUOn0g/nMVGtxFRljnNJ5D7TJrKpKZvqjNZ/ZkO7VXsnVwqXxP/xL411smabY6S6xmKY4WQX3cESWQlYAl2NgCEX8ZsJ5bOaWvbiYsQdUiqgDz4QQ=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Nelson,

The 1960 CB&Q track chart shows the division of ownership at RI milepost
15.38 and CB&Q milepost 15.51. This is just north of Mediapolis. The
only depot shown at that time is the Rock Island depot. The track chart
shows no sidings or much information on the Rock Island trackage rights
until you are in Burlington where the J I Case tracks are shown. So your
sources saying there was no work done until north of Mediapolis looks
correct.

Now I also have the relevant Rock Island Employee Timetables. Rock
Island Rock Island Division No. 1 Subdivision 15 effective April 26,
1953 shows Mediapolis was a train order station from 7:30 am to 4:30 pm
Monday-Friday. So your assumption that RI Mediapolis operator handled
orders/clearances for both railroads is probably correct. A note in the
timetable states that when operator is not on duty at Burlington Freight
Station, clearance will be obtained at Burlington. Freight station
office hours were 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday-Friday.

Washington Branch (Subdivision 27-B) between Ainsworth and Washington
had train order offices at both locations. Ainsworth was open 8:30 am to
5:30 pm Monday-Friday. Washington was open 7:30 am to 4:30 pm
Monday-Saturday (different hours and an extra day than the Q depot). A
note states that Second Class and Extra trains authorized on Subdivision
27b may leave Washington and Ainsworth without Clearance when train
order office is closed, and Train Order signal indicates proceed.

Rock Island Rock Island Division No. 2 Subdivision 15 effective October
27, 1957 shows Mediapolis was still a train order station from 7:30 am
to 4:30 pm Monday-Friday. A note states that when operator is not on
duty at Burlington Freight Station, clearance will be obtained at
Burlington. Freight station office hours were 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Monday-Friday.

The office hours and notes for Washington Branch operation were unchanged.

Bill Hirt

P.S. And yes that is the Rock Island division on the Rock Island railroad.

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com
    CBQ-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com