Re: [CBQ] St Francis Branch

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] St Francis Branch
From: "Jpslhedgpeth@aol.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Dec 2015 16:02:57 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1451077379; bh=R4+ZqEUGAXUxu9C79//BWRcXyH7yDYmhrd/Tvn6ah6g=; h=To:In-Reply-To:From:List-Id:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:From:Subject; b=0miBLvyhBjRRQZWX6wozcrnAKumS9vEZNL8iiylzwDwmVStnV+UEBvbAWaVbhyaVJXGtlV2jDWzV8CeISOtJUmUInIBJZjU4OOVTDqI7c9ea3ZyTdhwP2Wu5Vf8fRdoEjv0UU10GWQXhUytawxu0DiEzYQ/ncI6m0Kdzo6ZtbYY=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Those trains of mty boxcars for loading were known as  "GRAIN BOX DRAGS".   Back in "the day"..., at least on the Rock Island any train which was comprised of, shall we say, low priority shipments was known as a DRAG.  When the new management came to the RI in 1965 that term was no longer to be used...The terminology was changed to "Overflow Manifest"..OFM for abbreviation.

Pete