Re: [CBQ] O5 drawings [1 Attachment]

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] O5 drawings [1 Attachment]
From: "Dale Grice dfgrice@gmail.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2015 11:51:58 -0400
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1437753125; bh=iyy9dwRj7XA09+brp6SsaWi1rJlFET5ujsHIx15H0dg=; h=In-Reply-To:References:To:From:List-Id:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:From:Subject; b=Kb1WswJHMxCaUJ+nJGimhX82s0CIX5VPnPcIDgqqOtQHPef65ovsUPkkw2jyB7enKuSSxknJTH9QTNnx+Qc61beogA4q89HTrFriycZjtRfSWj0Myvsbuw8qhpaJ9Qqbf8bM2Pa+SEHIklrnPJFtUTa9GDyYCX9ws8fB5mRt92A=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
[Attachment(s) from Dale Grice included below]

Hi Noel,

Here's my a pdf print of my O5 CAD drawing that I started. Had a long ways to go.

If you find anyone that starts working on it, I might be willing to collaborate. But I realized the monumental task of drawing it up in 3D and the number of questions and issues I had. I would need to live near one of the O5's and spend a lot of time measuring and drawing. Overall prints like this are one thing. But there is a lot on info needed that I cannot discern from them.

Now if I had individual component drawings, it would be a bit easier. I would love to find the frame drawing. In my live steam build desire, I realized that the one piece engine bed was a big difference from the "bar stock" style of frame of older locomotives like the O1a. And since 4960 was the first steam locomotive that I rode behind, it was an easy decision to go that route.

I don't remember if I sent a pic of my frame. Anyway, see the attached. It won't be 100% accurate. Like the drivers between the Heavy Mikado and the O1a are 1"  different. That equals 0.133" in the 1.6 scale live steam model. Close enough for me. Main axle spacing is identical.

Maybe it will be on wheels by Cabin Fever and I can bring it up. But probably not, I just don't have enough time to put in to it.

Where do you live?

Dale

Inline image 1