Re: [CBQ] CB&Q Overnight Heaters

To: "CBQ@yahoogroups.com" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] CB&Q Overnight Heaters
From: "qutlx1@aol.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2015 08:19:20 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1435843479; bh=7lcmi7BBVeINcNSpLVFmz1eK7HDFw/3LtwswrIW38wQ=; h=References:In-Reply-To:To:From:List-Id:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:From:Subject; b=CDvs5XHAZ1TudxvCmogx/tRvafjWNrEoW795/8GfvJFioOxhiA1niOaz7JBFftXfHF5g6W4PjsIpKXv3kW41Uuk60O3/GTc/8WsGoJkmncym3fyYR8vMjQwPzsaH6vqf6CdK38wFqglIzSMDh8FCJNAdh5T2ZWASqNn5PcOkVFw=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

As explained on the hot start site these systems save idling and its fuel costs. In my experience back on the Q and early BN,fuel costs were not as critical. The site glasses for fuel level became very difficult to read as the units aged. One gentlemen I knew used a simply method to make sure a unit was full. When the diesel fuel began running out the overflow the tank was full and it was time to shut off the pump.
The main fear was dead batteries and the related inability to restart the unit.

Leo