Re: [CBQ] Re:Passenger F3s

To: "CBQ@yahoogroups.com" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Re:Passenger F3s
From: "Philip Weibler pawnbaw@sbcglobal.net [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2015 16:59:07 +0000 (UTC)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1427129950; bh=PU9NOhNWHNg50uH5kED2+a3HdJLw0BirZNBTB/Hh/fI=; h=To:In-Reply-To:References:From:List-Id:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:From:Subject; b=x6GvTv7OjdsY1nmT+WKx5aAKXlyRAGw7GSSLxxGVu6nrCnRXE8FRI4sUD4fxoVdJDhlx+QrebHnPq1jwUKgysr4AYiXEe/Ba4mda8fjDs3sYX6P39yH+OdkXhHbWoslJeEzLKYIbGwcqTcWsypdcfBH7zB83TCgNmlABK3gzhyc=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Hello Dave -

I originally scanned and posted this photo to show the unit number on the side. It was centered on the side,
above the 'Burlington', but was done with 1" high numbers.  Will have to dig out the negatives now to get the
numbers.  This was a four unit FT set, spliced with a Geep, and used on the time freight between Metropolis
and Beardstown. (Suppose I should ask John Mitchell how this train operated.)

Anyway - subject to correction - November of 1957 at Herrin Junction, Illinois, as photographed by some
college kid named Phil Weibler.  Hmmm.....almost five years after I got my first photo in TRAINS.       PAW

Phil,
 Thanks for sharing that spotting feature for "Drawbar vs. No Drawbar".   Now that the difference has been pointed out I can easily spot it in photos found in Al Holck's Color Pictorial, Vol. I.

Can you share the unit #, date, location and photographer of the photo you attached to your explanation?

Thanks,  Dave Sarther    Tucson, AZ

Posted by: Philip Weibler <pawnbaw@sbcglobal.net>