RE: [CBQ] Re: Painte or Plated Porthole

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [CBQ] Re: Painte or Plated Porthole
From: "'Charlie Vlk' cvlk@comcast.net [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2015 12:07:17 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1427130440; bh=0JieIoB9lvxmF7aoHUw1BWpDleQyBifapmJCppJv4fI=; h=To:References:In-Reply-To:From:List-Id:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:From:Subject; b=vVs0ZcojmlSfBIhfxPO1DfNpwO1hLwVBOHtwROK4HaNiYZOjoBomq4ykhVm9tUhW9ZN8B/jAGGk6G+udsj5H6EFl+v/hwzMho/qfAn3QsH4SOW07RjPOu2YtOoEV2ocx42TcfytHqqgGIKqFqrt6ttSv2CDc4RK1cM5mLIq2yn8=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

This thread has been a little confusing.   AFAIK all the Porthole window FRAMES on E-8/9 units are painted.   None of them were made from Stainless Steel or plated.

I finally take it that the original posting was about the Porthole GLASS being replaced with a painted or stainless steel plate….or the glass being painted over.

How widespread was this practice and when was it in effect?

Charlie Vlk

BTW, I think I finally got the photo download process from YahooGroups conquered.   Right Click on the thumbnail in the folder on the download icon, open in the download folder, and copy or save as when the jpeg opens.

Posted by: "Charlie Vlk" <cvlk@comcast.net>