RE: [CBQ] Re:Passenger F3s

To: CB&Q Group <cbq@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [CBQ] Re:Passenger F3s
From: "Hol Wagner holpennywagner@msn.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2015 12:30:58 -0600
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1426789862; bh=KDvzvIosHi2/pyop21vphu5rV1o7l97uOcq4qE/XnGQ=; h=To:In-Reply-To:References:From:List-Id:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:From:Subject; b=JlsONw+FlP1A1/3YC0bpXc+oCWttrBbtRW1kqv10ZSckIbYlQhRuiyCGkQTRzohPOSCIQBJyookGCuzmJtTSv7B8ugleuppTgUgkLi0RW+b++uKf81kqagZ6O/Ax1TQmpfhK+kYUHeOMrH8lg4LzKFmpE34H/AsqN7kSCrnETO0=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Pete:

Don't have any specifics as to exactly when the units were repainted into freight colors.  It has always been presumed that the boilers were removed at the same time the units were regeared in 1955, but that may not have been the case.  It doesn't seem likely the boilers would have been removed when the units were repainted, however -- two very different tasks.  And since the troop train was run in the middle of summer, steam would not have been required, as the GIs could easily have gone without hot water.  So your guess is as good as mine, though I'm inclined to think the summer was such a busy one with the huge wheat movement that the company would not have pulled the units out of service just to repaint them.

Hol