RE: [CBQ] CB&Q Waycar Questions

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [CBQ] CB&Q Waycar Questions
From: "'Rupert & Maureen' gamlenz@ihug.co.nz [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2015 19:04:19 +1300
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1426745062; bh=MnI0dg3VzUKUNueqpzLcXnjy8Ocn/o3ETRSM01a8nN0=; h=To:References:In-Reply-To:From:List-Id:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:From:Subject; b=y19h94xe9F/O+bZciDH3/k8ZWMq21rGXbFyv6RtDiajacpe8FThius2vON4Basdi1vyckHI6tNpkXocttch8L1U3PD+u1JRDig/7YPQi1I7+2hTgMvpfzP82/NxD8BvVPIl5Qmb3MoYzvmobjxoY2Qy94gNAz+JXbzfNTG90fXU=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Ken

I don’t have anything specific about the change to Chinese red for way cars, but plenty has been said in the past about the use of that paint during 1958 and none of it related to waycars. It could be, of course, that no-one has asked the question before!

The earliest Chinese red photo I’ve found is of 14151 looking very newly painted in 1959.

Rupert Gamlen
Auckland NZ