RE: [CBQ] Old Locomotives

To: "CBQ@yahoogroups.com" <cbq@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [CBQ] Old Locomotives
From: "Ray Bedard tczephyr@hotmail.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2015 17:48:55 -0800
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1421804945; bh=w7rpZCJwiVQql/fqmxhAQYAU0dkrO1PQ69Xx7qqhLIk=; h=To:In-Reply-To:References:From:List-Id:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:From:Subject; b=NZf0tJQMreFPDv2ZFRJyVK3VYKet9aKAHU/OuCs8lgffp4+L0ph3uBjNrvBzaNOYI4SQWG9al/eoKIk4RM8rwbbc7kkQKs7j6z/0RFd98p+enruZyhAfiGs1bCdAgOu5eiYd/Obh9kI8WJZCbsdUyihjsemhzb/tQFB7UgR75Lw=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

I was lucky to get the original photo of 4-6-2 2934 at Minneapolis June 1913 many years ago. On the back it states:

"CB&Q loco 2934 used on No. 57 and 58 Commercial Ltd June 1913."

There are also notes as to who is in the photo: "Clarence King Eng, R. H. Ulbrith fireman, A Brahman car repairer" (the writing is hard to interpret, so the spelling of names are most likely incorrect).

There is also information as to an accident that this engine was in on Oct 18 1913 at Nelson Wisc, and that the original owner of the photo stated "my brother was firing on the loco at the time of the accident" as well as other information, but hard to interpret some of the words and letters - back then, everyone had elaborate hand writing.

It is on a hard cardboard, don't know what they call it but I have seen old photos on hard cardboard, old Civil War, wedding photos, etc.

I am attaching a copy for those who might be interested.

Ray Bedard
San Jose CA