[CBQ] Data Sheets

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Data Sheets
From: "rgortowski@aol.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2014 14:49:38 -0400 (EDT)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1402598980; bh=93FZNCo2hxSmTtRmmuQqbBxqSlfYI8a1AGSfYHvK1lg=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:References:To:In-Reply-To:X-MB-Message-Source:X-MB-Message-Type:X-Mailer:X-Received:Message-Id:x-aol-global-disposition:x-aol-sid:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:X-Original-From:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type; b=v7yx5fSHjZqfQWTJP6xxOML3yJV1edin/I7E0VNSFtfRdJBdlybswYY3XiVmTCRgZ5+y6FMXA7P0yGGqTDMsVxpO/qNfVqEINEiCBqzdqkaRoT9rkykuwQyG5hPX5SKInQbx7vJopAOv4atLVDLqLg/dWmIHHAhIcJsgDlPXQjc=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
As a frequent user of historical data from the Q and other railroads, I feel
that some people's philosophy of giving everything away for free to entice
people is wrong.  I believe that asking a nominal fee for the Data Sheets or
archival drawings makes good business sense.  Someone had to spend the time to
compile and print the data, and someone had to spend the money to rescue and
store the drawings and correspondence that are being used.  I don't expect to
get that for free.

The people who volunteer their time are doing so with the hope that the Society
will benefit from their efforts.  I would hope that no one would begrudge being
asking to pay a small amount of money so the Society can continue to preserve
and publish information on our railroad.

My two cents!

Rich Gortowski