RE: [CBQ] Track bumpers/derails; LaCrosse; paint dating & Webmaster

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [CBQ] Track bumpers/derails; LaCrosse; paint dating & Webmaster
From: "'Nelson Moyer' ku0a@mchsi.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2014 16:31:28 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1402349485; bh=ASUTMi1nX+I5dDuOHwZN21D9Vrm5arp1LFWbw+4DW08=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Authority-Analysis:To:Message-ID:X-Priority:X-MSMail-Priority:X-Mailer:Thread-Index:X-MimeOLE:Importance:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:X-Original-From:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type; b=YyLQyrTSOQsu+uMy+cX2Kv0xOjeaBV6OIs2aonIm4iheK4bNjbaMpNKQLONQAfQdlIAPoyBHqMQjhYe1odjNMBRkGHm/cnLc8vafTeyEfyRVEnNU6jwC8RnfgkL5XRJlo8n1PDyxCGM0gLI8pvREwOStJVW0I/kBc1aS9FIjRg0=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Gerald,

Very few data sheets are still available for sale, and I have those, plus
all the other ones that have been available over the past three years.
Unfortunately, most of the data sheets were out of print before I joined
BRHS and started learning about the Q so I could build a layout based upon
prototype standards. I can't get a complete list of the data sheets that
were published, though I've asked on the list and privately many times. I
have repeatedly offered to scan the data sheets to pdf to post on the BRHS
web page for download or burn them to a CD-ROM disk. Apparently, the board
isn't interested in making these materials available. Meanwhile, BRHS
membership declines.

I've accessed documents on other railroad historical society web sites that
have been very helpful to me while building resin kits of other road's
rolling stock, and I think it's a crime to refuse to reissue the CB&Q
freight car data sheets as a modeling aid as well as for historical
interest. If the BRHS has any hope of attracting new members that are also
modelers, the society needs to provide them with some incentive to join.
Refusal to electronically publish out of print documents is self-defeating,
and if the board thinks that prospective Q modelers are going to buy
documents from the archives, they are deluding themselves.

Nelson Moyer