[CBQ] NE-12 Waycar Modeling

To: cbq@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] NE-12 Waycar Modeling
From: Scott Myers <myers.scottv@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2014 21:37:23 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1398220645; bh=kaMohsUOZpwP8ZAA0ml2N9T0VSGDIHHOokrbMB+WdN8=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Message-ID:To:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type; b=ojHOF54pV5AqnNNNIqWNSdZpEgVY3VrOaNubhtmqEN4mMIz7kNmz2+qCjvoAeXmaKEjynXULIdla12nTzpng0LIVE9XXxIluTSmYfCNc60N+YNGTepKZYKHCUgeXE7CCyaEV7KnxVIlv5uqv1dFdAve1BE3qsr4qWhkCrYjvkuU=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
I have been wondering for some time if there were any HO scale models ever
made that can be used for the NE-12 and 12a waycar (with the sloped
cupola).  I happened to pick up an old Tyco caboose this weekend at a train
show, thinking I could perhaps cut the cupola off of it and mount it on an
old Athearn or Roundhouse waycar, but then realized the NE-12 was all
welded construction so didn't have all the rivets that are on both of these
two models.  Of course, these can be removed with some effort, but worse,
the number and/or location of the windows on both of these models aren't
even close to those on the NE-12.

I'd swear that I had seen an article somewhere on modifying some plastic
caboose model to achieve a model of the NE-12 waycar but I can't find that
I have a copy of this.  Does anyone know of such an article, and if so,
where a copy might be obtained?

Lastly, was there ever a brass HO scale model  produced for an NE-12?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions/leads.

Scott Myers