Re: [CBQ] Barriger Photos Photo IDs,,,,CGW at St. Joe MO

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Barriger Photos Photo IDs,,,,CGW at St. Joe MO
From: Jpslhedgpeth@aol.com
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2014 21:52:00 -0500 (EST)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1394333521; bh=hkVVWnS5Q0VCFs2Chbzdyg2gZ7sNyglg6vI58Zj0als=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:References:To:In-Reply-To:X-MB-Message-Source:X-MB-Message-Type:X-Mailer:X-Received:Message-Id:x-aol-global-disposition:x-aol-sid:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type; b=3oI9ByRygr/0Tsk62VjuOLYZZFPi6/P44hc/3Gm4j1gIGD7Gh4WmVTzafeGiPx5nWJPaO+5Ot/vQq6eKcwjO2VNS5EzgZLCxc8rXe9V56pbyEqPRsdCW3ND9WCQMvuAb9hzYLEeFHUGITT+QSniU0dt2vAm4FVPzZwes4Vrm5mQ=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Bob...Now you've called me on it...I'll have to produce...To the best of my
memory here's how it went.

Coming in from a general  NE to SW direction CGW crossed  St Joe Avenue. just
south of where the old Goetz Brewery was located...Continued in that general
direction meeting the CB&Q running almost due N-S about 4th and FRancis St..
The Q was double track there with strictly directional running.  There was a
connection switch to the Q Northbound main and directly south of that was a
crossover from NB to SB tracks...According to special instructions in the TT
these swiiches were controlled by the dispatcher.

Southward CGW trains moved against current of tranffic on the NB Q track around
the north and east side of St. Joe US to, what was known as the Middle Yard
connection...They then moved down the east side of the middle yard to another
connection connection onto what was then the Hannibal Division main track for a
short distance eastward to a connection to the ATSF..Henrietta, MO-St. Joe
branch ...over this line for 5 or so miles to Bee Creek (BC) Junction
connection to CGW's own track...

Then it was over the CGW crossing the Q at Beverly...then across the river to
Leavenworth, KS and onto the MOP into KC MO.

CGW is the only railroad I can think of who had more convoluted routings than
the the RI.

I'll take questions if anyone has any...If I know the answer I'll tell you...If
I don't I'll  make one up.

Pete