Re: [CBQ] Re: New Truxton, Missouri RR Station History

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Re: New Truxton, Missouri RR Station History
From: archie hayden <klinerarch@charter.net>
Date: Sun, 5 May 2013 12:41:05 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1367777354; bh=pvbFLM53zWYOHwoDaSibgg6VIjSKfz1j7rMpxhOmAHc=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Authority-Analysis:Message-Id:To:In-Reply-To:References:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type; b=ZqiNk2bpdKXX8BEwTLyPuvIA32n4vIfYvvQyGNrm2U0S0M2pxrU2H0sVPicws647TJ2U+TadDwQapld7onV5KYx5RgVixtyvSHTR02GXoatwkP2mMvyy9bbt+YhYbF1/AKjKeERY0d6wVf3TNS57Zwe+lxHBux9d2+Og1J167kc=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Hol, I thought the same thing, interesting to note if one started with Section 1 at Burlington,Ia, Mile post 58 would corresponde with section 28.  These 6 mile gangs took great pride in their territory and would often get letters of praise from high officials who rode over theit tracks.  From the manicured appearance of whatever they were working on, I would venture to say they too were proud of their little 6 mile kingdom.  Fast forward 100 years plus and just a couple of gangs oversee these 200 plus miles between Burlington and St. Louis.  I will keep looking for other guesses on what they were about.  Thanks, Hol  What say you brother Pete and brother Mitchell?  Archie